Monday, November 17, 2014

Wales' Tales 11/17/14



How do I thank a cow or a tree
For all of the things that they’ve given to me?
How do I show my gratitude
To all those who provide me food?
How do I show my heartfelt thanks
When I deserved no more than spanks
And got instead a kiss and a hug,
A knowing glance and a cocoa mug?
I don’t understand why goodness comes
When life is filled with untold sums of
Flowing love and mercy wide
As though the world is on my side,
Somehow the power of God appears,
A river running through the years
That comes to take away my sin,
And lets each new day to begin
As if the past was never there,
It makes no sense. It is not fair,
But mine is not to question why,
To understand or even try
To plumb the depths of God’s intent
Of why this Jesus had been sent
To live among us every day,
Who came to heal, to teach , to pray
And point us to a higher peak,
A road of wisdom we might seek
To live as though we understood
Though we do not, or if we could
We still would echo words of joy,
With praise and thanks to then employ
Our song of thanks would never cease,
Among the faithful, live in…
                                                Peace,

No comments:

Post a Comment