Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Wales' Tales 2/18/15



Just when things were going fine,
The roof caved in again,
The pipes were frozen,
Power went off
And it was only then
I realized that I had a chance
To choose a different road.
But maybe if I went that way
I’d have to bear the load
Of something unexpected,
Of something just brand new,
A possibility things would change
And leave me in a stew.
I might require surgery to make room
For new thoughts,
I might discover that my life would
Then incur new “oughts”.
New names to then remember,
New ways to make my way,
I just might have to then become
Another self at play.
I’d have to make adjustments
To how I live my life,
Including how I deal with trust
And pain and woe and strife.
Who knows what else would happen?
What things would soon occur?
I might discover different food,
Not things that I prefer.
So maybe now I think that
I like my little rut,
I feel so safe and satisfied,
No turmoil in my gut.
Yet maybe God has other plans
For me and for my life
That might make all the difference
Just like butter cut by knife.
So being safe and sorry
Are the things I must release,
And follow where God leads me
Is perhaps my path to…
                                                Peace,
                                                    Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment