Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Wales' Tales 5/19/2015



I woke to hear a nature song
Sung by a cheerful lark,
Announcing that the night was through.
The world no longer dark.
Its song was joined by other birds
Who chirped and whistled clear,
The promise that another day
Was clearly drawing near.
A gentle breeze had made its way
Through open window screen
And as the sun was creeping out
It opened on a scene
Of springtime blooms and
Budding trees, of squirrels in active play
A perfect time to enjoy the world
A perfect time to pray
No intrusion of the busy world,
No horns to blast away,
No radio or MP3
To help my mind to stray
Just quiet meditative time
To share some words with God
Before I need to rouse myself
Or let some other prod
Me into action where I work
Or goad me into stress
A quiet time to just relax
Before I have to dress.
And in that time of breaking day
I find I have the chance
To re-align my attitude
As I put on my pants.
You see, I talked to God today,
A perfect way to start
And in the process, I have found
That God is in my heart.
So, if a song should wake you up,
Before that time might cease,
Begin a conversation deep
With one who offers…
                                    Peace,
                                                Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment