Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Wales' Tales

The other day I had the chance to think about the past.
I met a kid, now all grown up, who seemed to age too fast.
When last I saw her, she was just a kid in Jr. Hi.
And now a strong young woman, whose career is coming nigh.
At times we think that time is ours to keep at our command
And we forget that time will flee no matter how we stand.
The moments that we get from God are gifts we should not waste,
Their number sits with God alone, they pass with untold haste.
It’s only when I see a child now grown to an adult
That makes me understand that time is only the result
Of seconds that become a day, the days turn into years,
And what I do with every one is filled with strength, not fears.
Because beside me I have found that God stands with me strong,
To guide, protect and urge me on, to lead me in the song
Of Hope eternal, life renewed, of service and of joy,
With every moment full of Life, from when I was a boy.
But there were times when God seemed far, beyond my mind and reach,
The problem was that it was me who failed to let God teach.
My stubbornness, my pride, my sin was often in the way,
Allowing me to sit and gripe and waste the passing day.
And then humility came near to clear the fog and mist,
So suddenly, I understood that every day was kissed
By Spirit standing at my side, in God’s eternal plan,
With trust and wisdom as the gift as I became a man.
So when I see the past through eyes whose time will some day cease,
I know that in the flow of life, I’ll rest in God’s sure….
                                                             Peace,

                                                             Pastor Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment