Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Wales' Tales

The World’s an icebox just right now,
As cold as it could be,
And ice is clinging in that cold
To every road and tree.
The wind is blowing snow around,
A fine and icy brew,
And what I really want to do is
Have a cup of stew.
Just looking out the window
Causes me to shiver.
It chills my feet, my arms and toes.
It even chills my liver.
It makes me long for summer bees,
For grass and trees and flowers.
A time to sit, enjoy the breeze
And shade of leafy bowers.
But living in the broad Midwest
Requires that I choose
To deal with different seasons –
It’s perfection that I lose.
The blustery cold, the sizzling heat,
The joy of spring and fall,
In Kansas, we are stuck with that.
We struggle though it all.
It also teaches that in life,
We face a host of change.
Things never are the same again,
They cross a broadening range.
Our lives are filled with ups and downs,
With laughter and with tears,
The cycles of our life go by,
The passing of the years.
But through it all, if we are wise,
We see the greater plan
That God has set to guide the way
To follow as we can.
For change will come and days will pass
And joy in life increase,
When we discover in that change is
God’s promises of …
                                           Peace,
                                           Pastor Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment