Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Wales' Tales - July 7,2014



Time to go to school again
To see what I can learn.
Time to sit in classroom seat,
The late night candle burn.
Time to stretch my mind a bit,
To think new thoughts and old,
To contemplate the universe
Where space and dark are cold.
To spread my arms in joyousl flight
To let my mind fly free.
To climb the lofty mountain top
To see what I can see.
For some the thought of going out
To learn is just a waste,
More fun to sit before the Tube
And drink beer by the case.
But there’s a special time each year
When I will take the chance
Of breaking free of what I know
To learn a different dance.
To move and sway to different beat,
To find another tune
Discovering that those daring thoughts
Might cause the weak to swoon.
There just might be a dreary hall
That I have never seen,
Or maybe just might be a new idea
That makes my mind more keen.
To take the time to go and learn
Is more than just a jaunt,
When one stops learning on the way,
Old thought begin to haunt
The dusty places in our minds
That need to be renewed,
Require exercise and pace
Our prejudice reviewed.
For we are never smart enough
To let our learning cease,
In God’s whole world there is so much
That offers us God’s…
                                                Peace,

No comments:

Post a Comment